Why finance at Stryker? : ***: Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named the #5 Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
Who we Want :
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices
- Analytical problem solvers. **People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Goal-oriented :Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes - finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Position summary : The Senior Collections Analyst is responsible for performing highly complex A/R portfolio management activities to ensure the payment of open receivables as per the agreed terms, an accurate account reconciliation, the prompt and effective escalation of unpaid past-due balances, the log and follow-up to dipusted receivables, the write-offs of uncollectible A/R balances and any other processes required to ensure an appropiate maintaince of the assigned customer worklist in the Stryker’s newly created Costa Rica Shared Service Center.
This is a Shared Services role related to standing up the Finance One optimization program.
Essential duties & responsibilities :
- Effectively manage a worklist comprised by the most complex accounts in the portfolio
- When needed, take on complex reporting and month-end reconciliation responsibilities
- Effectively contact all the customers in the assigned portfolio to ensure payment as per terms
- Promptly log and follow-through on any disputed balances, so that they are resolved and paid
- As needed, provide information for reports on delinquent accounts
- Proactively escalate to Management, Credit and Internal Partners accounts in delinquency
- Promote strong collaborative relationships with internal customers, including Customer Service, Sales and any other departments
- Perform reconciliation of accounts to resolve problems
- Identify, recognize and address red flags before they become problems
- Proactively and timely escalate large collection or reconciliation issues
- Work with other Invoice to Cash teams to help resolve operational issues and improve processes
- Maintain documentation on transactions to facilitate the review and audit of books and records
- Comply with all internal control procedures to ensure accurate financial records.
- Performs other related work as assigned by management
Education & special trainings :
- Technical degree or at least 2 years of university studies, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Adequate use of the MS Office Suite; advanced Excel is required
- C1 level English; other languages are a plus
Relevant experience on SAP and Oracle; GETPAID is a big plus
Qualifications & experience :
- 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience in Business-to-Business collections
- Relevant experience in Finance Shared Services Centers, preferably in American or Multinational companies
Physical & mental requirements :
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and multi-task
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate complicated issues effectively
- Demonstrated ability to perform consistently under varying